Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Donut Day

Today it's donut day.  We don't do this very often, but just every once in a while as the whim might hit. 

Lieberman's Bakery in Massillon is the place that we usually visit.  The same women have been working there for probably 30 years.  Although they pick up on some of the trends like cupcakes and whoopee pies, the fare at the bakery is usually the same.  But it's good!!

One of the neatest things about Lieberman's is their wooden bakery cabinet.  They said they got it from a bakery that had closed years and years ago.  I know about them-- there was one just like it at the bakery where I went as a child.  Hermann's bakery was a lot like Lieberman's.  We generally went there every Saturday when my mother shopped for groceries nearby.  My favorite was probably the pineapple cheesecake, but there were many other goodies to try.

I imagine that she would have loved going to the grocery store during the week while we were in school, but we only had the one car.  Sometimes my father would share a ride with another electrical worker and so my mother had the car all week.  It must have been glorious!!

So I'm not going to write for very long this morning, as you can imagine.  The call of the donuts is beginning to overpower me.  My brain just can't function properly at this point and  ... what's that?  Now I think I can smell the donuts!!  Even with this darn summer cold that started yesterday morning.

Key word -- Coldeeze or however you spell it.  The stuff does work.  It shortens the length of a cold by days and makes it easier to sleep at night too.

So goodbye to my friends out there in the blogosphere.  It's time to get my hair combed and my teeth brushed for a trip to Lieberman's.

No comments: