Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Heading to Cleveland

Today I'm going to Westlake to visit with my sister and then go to my class reunion committee meeting.  Tonight we are meeting at the childhood home of one of my classmates so we can make phone calls.  If each of us makes maybe 15 or 20 calls, we should be able to cover almost everyone.

Susan's house is just off the beaten path in the life of Fairview Park -- Lorain Avenue or Rt. 10.  I've never been there before and it was very kind of her to offer its use.  Her father died some years ago and her mother just passed away a few months ago.  The home will be going on the market fairly soon, I would imagine.  Susan is a very nice person and she also sent us an email saying that she'd made us appetizers and dinner for tonight. 

Reconnecting with people you knew in the teenage years is really worthwhile.  Honestly, I recommend attending class reunions, if only to have a good conversation with only one person from your class.  We all change, some more than others, but there is something very basic, very elementary, that stays just the same.  You can look at an aging version of a teenager you knew back in the 1960s and still see that person as plain as day.

For me it is also a affirmation of how God has worked all these years in my life, how He has been there for me, and how He continues to guide my path.  And it is also something else -- a chance to really care for and love people that as a teenager I just didn't have the capacity to do. 

I'm bringing along some good tasting decaffeinated tea, since I don't imbibe.  Some of the others enjoy a nice glass of wine or some beer but tea is my favorite beverage besides good old water.

So today I'm cutting this short so I can get some things organized before leaving. 

I hope that each one of you had a wonderful Easter and that in some small way the Lenten quotes were a source of inspiration for you. 

I'll be back tomorrow and will share some of the highlights of our meeting.  These are funny people and something hilarious always happens.

Bye for now,

Karen

No comments: