Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Good Morning

So it's Tuesday at 11:08 a.m., and I'm just home from getting Ella ready to go to the Cleveland Zoo with her teacher, an aide, and some other kids.  Plus, I got to spend a little time with Drew today as well.  And tame his unruly blond hair which was sticking out all over the place!!

So now that I just got the ironing done, it's time to get myself ready to go to Cleveland to stop and see my sister and then go to the Cleveland Yachting Club for a tour since our reunion will be held there.

Busy day.

Hope your summer is going along well and you've enjoyed it.  The weather has been unusual again this year, and the weather guy said the other day that this may be the coldest summer in 40 years.  Despite all of that, since I don't need the temps to be in the 80s to enjoy myself, I've had a really good time.

It's all about scheduling some things you definitely like to do so that you always have something to look forward to.  Like, art class on Thursdays from 1-3.  Just two hours but it is a constant source of entertainment, thinking about what we might want to work on next week and looking over what I've done in order to improve.

This Sunday we are celebrating 30 years of marriage, which seems amazing to me.  I just can't imagine where the time has gone.  When I look at the pictures of the family starting back in 1984, the progression is there, but the overall effect of the 30 years is really just not felt, at least not by me.

Coming up on this 30th anniversary makes me think of all the decisions that I've made over this time period and thinking about how inconsequential some of them seemed at the time, but how important they are in total.  Just little day-to-day decisions like what to eat, when to go to bed, how to spend the time, what to join, that kind of thing.

So I'll close today since there is still a lot to do to get ready, but I'll be back tomorrow.  I'm thinking that we need to do something different in the blog, so it you have any ideas, I always like hearing from you.  You can reach me most easily by emailing knelsen@uakron.edu.

Thanks again, and have a wonderful day. 

No comments: