Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday

Well, this morning I'm off to play guitar and sing at the 9:00 a.m. Mass with the children of SS Philip & James School.

After that I'll come home and start getting ready for my class reunion meet and greet at Panini's in Westlake at 6:00 p.m.

At 2:00 p.m. I'll be up at church again for my holy hour and then will leave immediately after that for Cleveland.

So this posting is going to be really quick.

After working with a committee for a year on this reunion, I'm excited about tonight but not nervous.  I think it will be a lot of fun, and the biggest fear I have is not recognizing people.  We have nametags for tonight, but sometimes after 50 years that just doesn't really mean much.

What I should do is go over the senior pictures in the yearbook one or two more times before I leave.  And bring the book with me.  I could always run out to the parking lot if I'm really stumped!!

I should have loaded the pictures onto my phone!  That would have been handy.

Since I don't drink, I'll get some water or maybe some ginger ale or something, and mingle.  I'd like to find a seat somewhere and talk with some of my classmates for a while rather than milling around aimlessly for hours.

Since storms are predicted for the region tonight, I'm going to be smart and check my weather app on the phone to see if there are any areas of concern for my trip home.  I'm leaving around 10:00 p.m. I think. 

Saturday is going to be a long day and I need to get some sleep!!

So that's about it.  I got some new nail polish to try on my toenails, and have a nice pair of jeans shorts and sandals to wear, plus a comfortable, breathable cotton top.  It's going to be 90 degrees for heaven's sakes.  And we specifically planned the reunion for September to avoid this kind of thing! 

Who knew?

Take care, God bless, I'll give you a full report tomorrow morning, and then again on Tuesday.

I'll try to remember the funniest of stories.

No comments: