Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Friday, October 31, 2014

Great Trail Mix

So maybe this might be a little late for this year's Halloween, but it's still a good idea and you can use it for the rest of fall too!!

Mix Spanish peanuts and candy corn together in about equal proportions.  Then eat!!  That's all there is to it.  What you end up with is something that tastes like a Payday candy bar.  It's a good snack that is not that high in calories.

The costumes this year are strange.  Sign of the times, I guess.  It used to be that Halloween was for kids, because when I was little that's sure the way it was.  The grownups just helped eat the candy and organized things for the kids.  Nowadays everyone is in the act and adult parties are very common.  Adults dressing up is very common.

I don't remember any of the costumes I wore as a child save for one.  My sister got married when I was in the sixth grade and my bridesmaid's dress made a great costume that fall.  It must not have been too cold outside either which is good since it was a sleeveless dress.  I felt like a princess in it. 

Well, I hate to cut this really short but I have to be at Mass at 8:15 a.m. to play today.  And again tomorrow at 1:00.  And Sunday at 10:00.  So the fingers are getting a workout.

Plus, tonight is trick or treat here so I have things to do to get ready.

I'll do better tomorrow!!  I promise.

No comments: