Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Old is New Again

When I was in about the sixth or seventh grade, my brother and I would watch an early morning show called, "Clutch Cargo."  It was absolutely the corniest thing you've ever seen, but the mesmerizing part of it was how they made the animated characters talk.

Rather than the usual animated mouths, the characters had filmed mouths superimposed on the animated characters.  There was something really creepy about it, but at the same time I couldn't stop watching.  Now I am well into my 60s and so that was a good many years ago, but you won't believe what I saw the other day on one of the cartoon networks.

Yep, it was a new program for kids that uses animated characters AND real mouths superimposed on their faces.  Same creepiness, that's for sure, and I just had to watch.  My grandson was intrigued too and said something about how he would like to watch it. 

Thing is, the characters are like round blobs.  They are unrecognizable as anything we've seen on this planet unless you could maybe blow up an amoeba.  Lots of the stuff on TV for kids is the same.  A sponge is the main character on the one show.  A sponge.  Really?  Then rather than having some middle ground, the other stuff on the kids' television stations is more for teenagers and certainly not appropriate for young ones.  Even Scooby Doo is more into the "teenage" stuff than it ever used to. 

I'm going to leave the picture of my craft room on another day.  It was such a great feeling getting it finished, and so far, it is staying nice and neat the way I was hoping it would.  Reason is -- there's a place for everything and it makes it really fast to tidy up.  Even the best laid plans don't always work out perfectly though.  There isn't room for the laundry basket we always use, so it's just kind of here and there in the bedroom.  I'd still like to figure out a better place for fabric so it would free up another shelf.  When you fix up a space, you should also leave a little extra room for expansion.  Otherwise, this becomes the source of clutter and chaos in the future.

Well, have a great Saturday, and I'll be back on Tuesday.  Thanks to the Altar and Rosary Society at SPJ for another great card party!!!

No comments: