Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Watching

The last couple of days I watched Drew and Ella.  They are two funny kids.

Yesterday their dad was putting up the balusters on the pool rails and there were these little pieces of paper on the bottoms of them that he tore off.  They found their way just under the lip of the pool deck.

I told Drew that if he would pick them up, his dad would give him $.25.  He looked at me as though I was crazy, but then his dad heard and said he would give him $.25.  So Drew picked up one of the pieces and trotted over toward his dad to claim the reward!  We were both laughing.  It was hilarious.  So then my son told Drew that if he picked up 15 of the pieces of paper, he'd buy him a Hot Wheels car.  Well, that did it.  Drew was over there counting out loud as he retrieved the papers and was pleased with himself for his chore. 

So next time I go over there, I think there should be some more chores and some may not have a reward.  There is just the reward of helping someone, and he can learn that at his age too.  I'll find something for Ella to do too.  She shouldn't get left out of the picture, and she loves to help.

All in all, it was a good couple of days.  No major problems of any kind.

One of the children needs to put on some weight and the other needs to lose.  That's the only hard part.  Drew should pretty much eat whenever he is hungry.  Ella needs to cut back.  So we'll probably get into giving Drew something to eat on the QT and that seems wrong, but Ella does need to lose some pounds.  For her health.  Or maybe I'll pick up some snacks that have almost zero calories and Ella can have one of those.  She can have a choice which she would like. 

At the end of the day, I'm tired but it's a good tired.  If I hadn't spent that time with the grandchildren, then what would I have done with it?  Probably something I wouldn't even remember in a week.  The years are going fast and I'm glad that we've had the time to spend with each other.  They know me well now and are comfortable with me being there. 

We also watched the end of Frozen yesterday.  It's a beautifully made movie, different in theme from other Disney flicks.  It deals with the love of two sisters for each other.  And a prince gone bad with a head full of power lust.  The ice scenery was really beautiful, the music wonderful, the character expressions amazing. 

One person who reviewed the movie a few months ago said that it has almost a Christian theme to it, and I suppose that is true. 

Well, time to go.  I'm walking this morning with my neighbor, a usual Wednesday kind of thing.  Enjoy yourself!  The 13 weeks of summer go awfully fast, don't they?

Karen

No comments: