Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Friday, December 6, 2013

A Little Bit of Stink

In the past couple of months, we've noticed some bugs in the house.  To be precise, we've noticed "stink bugs."  Did my husband perhaps carry one in the house on his clothes and it multiplied?  Or did they somehow find a little nest somewhere?

We don't know, but I don't like them one bit.  For one thing, they really are supposed to stink bad.  One article warned not to suck them up in the vacuum cleaner unless you were planning on emptying the bag afterwards.  Why?  When they are stressed, apparently they give off even more of their peculiar scent.  So when we catch them, they go right out a door or window.

They seem drawn to the light, and then once they touch the bulb, they fall like a rock to the floor.  The cats seem to like all of this, but they don't really mess with them.  They locate them and "point" to them kind of like those famous hunting dogs.  After all of the food we've given to them and all of the extras, they are finally doing a little work around here.

I'll keep you posted on our progress to rid the house of these annoying bugs about the size of a dime. 

Now -- onto another subject for a bit.  Last night we watched "live" theater on television as The Sound of Music was presented starring country singing star, Carrie Underwood.  It was excellent!  Ms. Underwood has a great voice, and the entire cast just sparkled.  The convent's Mother Superior was particularly good.  The sets were unbelievable.  The stained glass windows in the convent were spectacular.  I could hardly take my eyes off them.  We DVR'd it but the presentation is on sale in stores now; I believe Walmart carries them.  This was family entertainment at its very, very best.  I hope it was hugely successful and spurs on many more of these kinds of things.

It made me proud of the efforts put forth by everyone involved in the project.

I hope Julie Andrews watched and was pleased.  I forgot to mention the costumes!! 

So I'm down the basement again, and have not located the source of my error message that is messing around with the blog in the upstairs computer!!  Thing is, I have to be somewhat careful, because I know just enough to really get myself in trouble.  At least I can continue on with the blog thanks to old trusty down here. 

If you did not have a chance to see The Sound of Music, it would make a great Christmas gift for someone in your family.  Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: