Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Friday, December 13, 2013

Good Trip

The trip yesterday was really nice.  My sister and I went to Bob Evans and had a delicious lunch, sitting away from the windows to keep even warmer.  Then we did a little cleaning so she'd be ready for Christmas Day company.

Starting in Clinton where I saw two police cruisers (one sort of hidden in the parking lot by the towpath), my trip to and from was dotted by the appearance of police, Ohio Highway Patrol, and so on.  There were cars pulled over and police waiting in the turnarounds to catch some more speeders.  Not that I had to worry.  I was not speeding and so glad that I wasn't.

The skies might have been a drab gray color but it was really nice seeing my sister and spending some time with her.  Good thing I left right around 3:00 because later on there were a lot of traffic problems and backups.

So my day went more or less as planned.  Nothing too out of the ordinary.  Whereas, a man we are praying for started a day a few days back by having a colonoscopy and then learning shortly thereafter that he only has 10 days to live.  In other words, while he and his family were making their plans for Christmas and doing the usual things that people do, his life turned on a dime and now he might not even make it to Christmas.  So we really need to pray for him and his family.  For them everything is virtually turned upside down and Christmas has taken a back seat to cancer.

That's why time is precious and God-given.  That's why we should start each day thanking God for another opportunity to serve.

I'm down the basement again and one thing about the basement, it's quiet.  Just a little humming from the computer and monitor.  It gives me a chance to take measure of everything and wonder anew at the amazing mercy of our God.

As you are driving around, going about your business, let God show you some people he wants you to say a prayer for.  Some weeks back a black SUV passed by and for some reason I just knew that I had to pray for that driver.  I haven't forgotten the black SUV since, even though time has passed and it was a second or two in time.  That's God at work!! 

We all need prayer, right?  Take it easy, my blog friends.

No comments: