Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Friday, March 7, 2014

First Friday

Good morning!  First of all, I have our Lenten quote for today.  The author is well-known:

"As Lent is the time for greater love, listen to Jesus' thirst...'Repent and believe' Jesus tells us. What are we to repent?  Our indifference, our hardness of heart.  What are we to believe?  Jesus thirsts even now, in your heart and in the poor -- He knows your weakness. He wants only your love, wants only the chance to love you."  -Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (Soon to be Saint)

Today is the first Friday in Lent.  I think that to start with, I will thoroughly vacuum the living room and hall.  Then I'll clean the carpet as much as possible.  It's due for replacement in May, but it needs to be cleaned so I feel better.  While I clean the carpet, I'm going to think about the quote from Blessed Mother Teresa, that tiny Albanian woman who in so many ways changed the world.

My dear friend, Dolly, who lives in the Pacific Northwest, has agreed to send me a little article she did for one of her writing classes.  She promises that it will get a good laugh for the readers of this blog, no matter what your age is.

The trip to my sister's yesterday was really good.  We did go to Ollie's and I got a scrap of carpet to use as a car mat until my regular one can get a good cleaning.  I also got some M&Ms and some K-cups for my husband's Keurig coffee maker.  He was happy about that.  Good deal on price.  We laughed really hard about several things.  She is so much fun.

She told me that she was shopping at the Great Northern Giant Eagle the other day and a woman who was carrying a lot of Giant Eagle grocery bags approached her asking for a ride to the Rapid Transit station, saying that she missed her bus.  My sister said it was really too far to go to the Rapid Transit station but she'd take her to the bus station where she could wait inside and be warm.  The woman was going all the way back to downtown Cleveland.  We couldn't figure out, either of us, why she'd come all that way to do her grocery shopping.  So my sister drove her.  The lady talked to herself the whole way, which seemed somewhat odd.  Well, at least she got to where she was going and safely.  It made me think how fortunate we all are to have a car and a warm place to lay our heads at night.

My nephew was a little upset and told her not to give people rides, but sometimes we reach out to someone in need, even when we aren't that happy about it.  I'm glad she did it.

Take care, dear readers, and if you have anything to share with me about Lent, I'd love to hear it.  You can remain anonymous. 

So it's off to retrieve the old Hoover.  Maybe I'll have a bite to eat and some tea first!!



No comments: