Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Man on the Street

"Man-on-the-Street" interviews have been around for a long time, but recently they've been getting a new look.

In one interview, residents of New York (I presume it was NY) were told that Franklin D. Roosevelt had died and did the interviewer want to send their condolences to the family?  And they did!  Maybe someone finally said, "He died in 1945," but I didn't hear any response like that.  Kind of scary, don't you think?

There was a really funny one the other day, but now I can't think of it and I can't find it on the internet either.  Some suggest that those questioned purposely go along with the ploy just to get on television, and some of them have apparently admitted to this.  Would you?  If you messed up bad though, and fell for the ploy, the best way to get around that would be to say, "I went along with it to get on television." 

Steve Allen started it all with his interviews back in the day, but apparently none of them survive, or if they do they aren't on you tube.  While I was looking for them, I found a bunch of other stuff that Steve Allen did and you know what, he was hilarious!  Funny people have great laughs.  Johnny Carson had a great laugh; so did Steve Allen.  And they would double over and put their heads on the desk or go way back in the chair and just let it go -- a guffaw. 

On the other end of it, Steve Allen, Johnny Carson and other funny men also had a great straight face.  The straight face was funny all by itself.

Drew Carey has a great laugh, but he just doesn't look the same or maybe somehow it just doesn't come off quite the same since he lost weight.  I don't want him to gain it back though.  I'm sure he's much healthier.

One night while we were surfing around looking for something to watch, there was a Johnny Carson retrospective on.  I didn't want to miss one bit of it!!  It was great.  And I realized how much I missed that humor.

When we lose a loved one, one of the things we miss the most is their sense of humor or so it seems to me.

If you want to have a good laugh, watch kids.  They are a never-ending source of hilarity.  Best source of humor there is in my book!

Our Lenten quote for today is from St. Teresa of Avila:

"God has been very good to me, for I never dwell upon anything wrong which a person has done, so as to remember it afterwards. If I do remember it, I always see some other virtue in that person."

No comments: