Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The first day of the year

A few snippets of life in a small town.  Had to go to the post office yesterday because a package arrived and the mail lady didn't want to attempt coming down the hilly driveway.  So I took my postcard to the PO.  On the way in a lady I know from somewhere said hello and wished me a happy new year.  Then another lady came by (it's a small lobby) and she said hello.  When I carried the large box containing yarn out the door, a gentleman opened the door for me.  Two policemen were near the door on some sort of business (didn't seem too urgent) and they asked if I needed help getting my package to the car.  Are you picking up a pattern here? 

My second snippet is about the outdoor cat we feed.  Blackie has been around here for a couple of years.  She doesn't seem to have a home and she depends on us for food and water.  However, she does not choose to be friendly towards us and she runs away!  It's never going to change.  She is just too wild.  I watched Blackie make her way to the shelter she's found (a crevice under the back barn) in a foot of snow.  Moving fairly fast, she retraced her steps exactly, hopping from one footprint to another.  Going this way and that, it was humerous.  But there is a life lesson here.  Aren't we sometimes like Blackie?  We follow the same treadworn path.  Maybe that ought to change in 2013.

Happy New Year to everyone who reads this blog!!  And many blessings.

Karen

Check out the rose in the snow.  It's right out front of the house.  How beautiful.  How indicative of the hope of spring and of life no matter what the circumstances.

No comments: