Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Passwords

Did you hear that Ebay was hacked?  I just bought three tubes of lipstick (no kidding) about three weeks ago, so I changed mine last night.

It's not too hard.  No need to give the thieves a chance to make your life more difficult. 

About the purchase -- the lipstick.  I'd been buying the same Cover Girl lipstick at the grocery store or wherever for YEARS.  It never occurred to me that maybe they'd do away with it, but they did.  When I couldn't find it at the grocery store, I checked Rite Aid and it was the same thing.  Not just new packaging but new colors, new consistencies, new everything and it wasn't a good new for me.

I missed my old stuff and I had only about one-half of a tube left.  Not even enough to put one older tube in my purse.

So I went to trusty old Ebay and looked up the lipstick.  There it was!!  I bought three tubes and that will give me a breather in order to make a transition to something else down the road.  Part of it is just that I am used to the color and the way the lipstick looks; part of it is that the lipstick is just a good color for me.

If you've done business with Ebay and have an account, take five minutes and change your password.  And make a note of it.  There is nothing more frustrating than trying to enter into a website and realizing that you don't remember the password!! 

I have a sheet of paper with all of my associations and related passwords.  It's handy for me and it keeps me from getting upset and frustrated.  It's time to update it and do a fresh one!!  I've got writing all over the place.

On another subject -- art.  My friend, Peg, and I have been having our own art class.  We are working in watercolor, a medium that was not a good experience for me in the past.  When I'd try watercolor, most of the time it felt like I was in grade school again struggling with some sort of project.  I felt inept and incapable.  Since people tend to do things that make them feel successful, I shied away from watercolors for years until we started the class.  I'm loving this!!  We have had the best time and have already produced a couple of things worthy of a frame.  I have a feeling the best is yet to come.

The wonderful thing about art is that you can go to the web and find fabulous art lessons for free.  They are understandable and fun.  After about 10 or 20 minutes, you will have a better understanding of some technique or skill and feel ready to try it yourself!!  If you want to try it yourself, there are some nice art stores out there that will give you expert guidance on buying materials, such as Cook's on Portage.  That way you don't waste money buying products you don't need. 

Okay -- that's it for today.  I'm off to get some breakfast and then a quick routine doctor visit, then an appointment for a cut/perm.  Oh, I need it too!!

Take care, everyone.

Karen

No comments: