Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kazoo Part II

Forgot to mention something.  On the "Day of the Kazoos," as it will be known in the future, my granddaughter went out on the porch and stretched out on the floor.  She relaxed with Gracie, the cat, for a while.

Then I heard that sound again.  Muffled, but definitely the sound of a kazoo.  Yep, it was Lauren out there giving it her all.  Being a Johnny-one-note, she made the same sound over and over and LOUD.  I kept thinking, "This will end at any minute.  I mean, who could this up without getting bored."  It kept up and kept up.

Now, as I said, the sound was muffled so it was bearable, and then at that point it got funny to me.  So I went to the door and told her that she'd better be careful or wild animals would start showing up at the house.  I told her that if a bear showed up at the sliding glass doors, she'd be one scared little kid. 

Didn't change a thing.  If anything, she got louder.  So then I mentioned wolves.  And coyotes.  Nothing.

Then I ventured out there for a little while, into the chamber of auditory horrors, and asked her why she was making the noise over and over.  "I'm calling the animals," she said.  I'd thrown virtual gasoline on the fire it seems.

After she finally did get sick of making the sound, I told her that there wasn't a chance that there were ANY animals within three miles of the house.  But she did get the neighbor's annoying dogs going at it pretty good.  I think all in all, it was worth it.

I have a few extra kazoos.  Hmmmm.

So -- let's see.  What else did I want to mention?  Let's change subjects here a little bit and mention Ferguson.  Remember Watts?  The Watts riots were absolutely horrible and there was widespread looting and burning that summer.  Someone on FOX mentioned that in all of these years since Watts, the stores have not come back.  They never returned.  If all of this continues in Ferguson for much longer, they will suffer the same fate.  The merchants will leave town for somewhere safer, the housing prices will plummet (they probably already have), and the people will be living in a ghost town.  They will have to drive somewhere for everything.

The schools will be shells, the playgrounds empty, the churches food pantries.  There are two sides to the story.  It isn't my job to decide which side is right.  But the insistence that only one side is right to the exclusion of all reason and information is plain and utterly WRONG.  So that's what I have to say about Ferguson.  Bringing the power of the federal government into the melee is only going to make things worse.  TV cameras and stations -- go home.  Once no one is filming the marches and no one is paying any attention, maybe the people will go home too.

Well, take care, everyone!!  Best wishes for a wonderful day today.

AND -- it seems as though this post did not go forward today -- so we will let it stand for the rest of this evening and into Friday.  Thanks.

No comments: