Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Quiet Thursday

Today is a quiet one.  My husband is off to Fairless Schools to do kindergarten eye screening until the afternoon.  My "art class" today is canceled due to the fact that the other student in the class has a funeral to attend.  My sister is doing better, although she still has pain in the "good" hip area but today she is alone for the first time all day.  The caregiver has been relieved of her duties.

So today I'm going to tackle some work that needs to be done soon:  making thank-you cards, sewing two pillows for door prizes at the class reunion, ordering kazoos for the class reunion, and a host of other errands or chores.

In case you were wondering, Diana who fell walking in the yacht club parking lot is doing okay.  But she broke her nose in two places and has to see a plastic surgeon once the swelling goes down.  She is really black and blue, I guess.  Another classmate called me yesterday and had some ideas for how to get rid of the bruising, so I gave her the phone number.  She couldn't get through so she called the chair of our reunion committee and gave her the supply list, and she is taking over the stuff today.

My sister is trying out a TENS unit on her back.  I honestly pray that this does some good for her.  She's got to get back on her feet with regularity before the snow flies or it's going to be a rough and difficult winter for everyone.

One other thing -- my hair has been terrible lately.  I've shared that with you.  Yesterday my patience totally wore out and I did something rather rash.  In order to nourish my hair, I poured a bunch of olive oil on it and rubbed it in good.  It does look a little better, but this morning I'll have to shampoo again.  It didn't come out totally and the front looks like Alberto VO5 city!!  But it feels better already.  Yeah, olive oil.

Ella went to the Cleveland Clinic yesterday for her appointment and did okay.  They want to do genetic testing and it will be done if insurance covers.  They are going to check her blood again to see if they can raise the dose of Topamax.  She still has a cold but so far she doesn't have a fever again.  The Clinic has to keep the official, legal line of thought when it comes to medical marijuana but in my mind's eye this may be the future of seizure control.  This vilified plant may end up being a curative for many, many ills and provide a lot of people with relief.  We are not talking about smoking weed for medicinal purposes here.  We are talking about the strain of marijuana, Charlotte's Web, which has negligible levels of the hallucinogen normally found in marijuana -- suspended in an oil.

One other thing -- it was on the fox.com yesterday but didn't seem to make the prime time news.  The Russians have hacked into our system and have captured about 1.8 billion sets of names/passwords associated with banks and other business systems.  This would be a good time to go to your own websites and change your password.  Change it to something that no one could intuitively figure out.  It should not spell anything -- but could resemble this:  K67nj5JP28vn2.  It should be numbers and upper and lower case letters.  Then be sure to write it down somewhere SAFE.

So that's it for today.  I changed Paypal, Bill Me Later, the bank and credit card passwords last night in about 10 minutes.  I'm glad!!!

No comments: