Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Strange Things

The fox.com this morning had a story you'll want to hear about.  You know "Hello Kitty," the cartoonish character that adorns tops, lunch boxes, and backpacks all over?

Well, Hello Kitty isn't a kitty.  Really?  Yep.  Hello Kitty, say the big shots, is a little girl in the third grade, British, with a twin sister. 

I looked at the face this morning.  I've never seen a little girl with ears on top of her head, how about you?

But honest, this was some of the news this morning.  There were other somber reports I won't go into today. 

Another snippet -- a 9-year-old shot and killed an employee at a shooting range while she was using an UZI.  After consulting with experts, the place is considering some age restrictions on using the guns.  I could say a lot of things about this story, but one thing is clear -- there have to be better ways for kids to have fun.

When we were at the Hartville Hardware a few weeks back, I bought a couple of little helicopter toys.  I forgot about them until this morning!!  I think they are in the garage in my personal cabinet.  I'm going to go check because they should be used before the snow flies.

The women at the check-out counter told me a couple of funny stories about their store.  One was that one employee was messing around with one of the winged toys I mentioned, and it went up so high it got hung up in the rafters of their store.  The second one was that one of the employees (they said you'd have to know him to really appreciate the story) was playing with a remote controlled helicopter and it crashed above one of their facades along the back wall.  Being that he is apparently a know-it-all, the fact that he messed up was really funny to all of them.  Maybe not so much so for him.  Wonder who got the toys down?

We are getting into the last of summer and it's really flexing its muscles, is it not?  It happens every year.  The poor kids are in the school room and the temperatures climb to the upper 80s and they come home like wilted lettuce.  I'm going to look at the 10-day forecast to see what might be in store for our class reunion.  The last two weren't ruined but they were affected by severe heat.  And that's why we picked September for this one.  And also this particular weekend because there is no OSU game.

So that's about it for today.  I'm tapped out for some reason.  The inside of my brain is hollow and has nothing to offer today -- much less something profound and special.

Other than I know that there is a God, that he has a son, and that we are loved by him every second of every day.  And I know that there is a place called heaven -- "I have prepared a place for you."  And I know that our lives are supposed to be dedicated to knowing, loving, and serving God.

So with that last thought in mind -- I sign off for today. 

No comments: