Light of Christ

Light of Christ

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Mall Walkers

My neighbor and I are going to Belden this morning to walk inside the mall.  This weather has put a serious crimp in our exercise program -- it's time to overcome the cold and move forward!!

My neighbor got a Macy's gift card for Christmas and she wants to do a little shopping while we are there.  I think that sounds like a great idea.  We need sheets.  There should be a white sale going on that I can take advantage of and that's all good.

Thing is -- sheets aren't just sheets anymore.  It's become a very complicated process and I am almost weary of it.  A couple of weeks ago, I went online in anticipation of buying a set of sheets.  Oh, my goodness -- what a complication.

Here are a few points:

  1. No, we don't have a California King bed, so scratch that.
  2. We do have a double sided quilt-top mattress with a drop of about 14 inches.  So the sheets have to be able to accommodate that, and a lot of the packages don't say that they do.
  3. No, we don't want flannel sheets.
  4. No, we don't want slippery, hot polyester sheets.  We want COTTON.
  5. No, we don't want white sheets.  That's all there were for years and years.  I can remember when the first "designer" sheets came around and it was amazing.  Sheets didn't have to be white after all.  Then underwear didn't have to be white either.  It was a new age.
  6. I don't know what 300, 400, etc. means and apparently, the industry hasn't been that careful with these designations.  I've read that they don't mean that much, and to be careful not to be misled.
  7. I don't know what Egyptian cotton is.  American cotton would be fine, if we could find it.
  8. I don't need four pillow slips.  Also, we use regular pillows, not King size, so that means I have to shorten them too.  Yikes.
  9. I don't really care if the sheets have a "name" attached to them.  Kohl's sell Jennifer Lopez sheets.  What, she personally selects them?  Oh, brother. 
  10. And last, I just want some nicely made, very washable, comfortable sheets -- one fitted, one regular, two pillow cases.
Let's see how this works out.  Oh, and I forgot.  I only want to spend about $40.  Hah!!!

That's the best one of all.

Be careful out there.  A lot of the communities apparently didn't take advantage of the day when the roadways were mostly slushy ice and now all of that stuff froze solid.  There are ruts, and dangerous icy spots galore.  It is a nightmare on my son's road in Canton.  I had to put my car in just such a way that my granddaughter could get off the bus and make it to the car without getting into the thick of it.  We did okay, but boy, it's not nice.  The bus driver, Susie, was also loudly complaining.

Take care.  Karen

No comments: